Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike today directed the removal of Joint Account Allocation Committee (JAAC) from Banks that gave unauthorized loans to some Local Government Chairmen in the State.
Governor Wike gave the directive while swearing in the substantive Chairman of the Asari-Toru Local Government Area at Government House, Port Harcourt.
He also directs the State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice to take legal action against the defaulting Banks.
Governor Wike who further suggested a stiffer penalty for both the Banks and the Councils that defaulted to suffer the consequences of the illegality.
He notes that the Banks cannot seek a refund of the loans because they contravened the extant Laws of the State.
Swearing in the new Chairman. Governor Wike charged Mrs. Alaso Johnbull Obi to use her new position to make a difference as the people are yet to feel the impact of the Council.
Until her swearing-in, Mrs. Alaso Johnbul Obi was the Vice Chairman of the Council but the death of the elected chairman, Chief Odiari Princewill on the 27th May 2020 created a vacuum that needed to be filled.
- Quote Of The Day
- COVID-19: Nigeria reports 131 cases
- UNILAG Crisis: Babalakin resign as Pro-Chancellor.
- Moria Inferno: Thousands of Greek Refugees move to new Lesbos camp.
- Asensio and Vinicius Jr battles for Bale’s no.11
- Bale reaches Real Madrid’s training for one last time
- Bale to be EPL’s top salary earner
- Shocking: Tottenham completes the signing of Bale and Regulion
- Bye Bartomeu! As Vote of No confidence motion reaches necessary signature
- [EP] » T-Classic – Alirat