Former Senator Buruji Kashamu was reported dead on Saturday.
He died due to complications of COVID-19, his former colleague, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce said in a tweet.
“I have just lost my good friend of forever to #COVID19,” Murray-Bruce said. “Until his death, Sen. Buruji Kashamu and I were inseparable.
“He died today at First Cardiology Consultants, in Lagos. May his gentle soul rest in peace. I pray his family and loved ones the fortitude to bear this heavy loss.”
Kashamu served as a Senator representing Ogun-East in the eighth National Assembly under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He was 62.
He joins a list of prominent Nigerians who have succumbed to the novel coronavirus.
Former Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Abba Kyari and former Governor of Oyo state, Abiola Ajimobi, have also passed on from COVID-19 complications.
Kashamu’s family is yet to issue an official statement regarding his death.
- Breaking: Thousands infected with ‘Brucellosis’ after China lab leaks.
- Douye Diri calls to amicably resolve dispute between Rivers and Bayelsa.
- Many Nigerians feud as FIRS enforces Bank self certification.
- Quote Of The Day
- COVID-19: Nigeria reports 131 cases
- UNILAG Crisis: Babalakin resign as Pro-Chancellor.
- Moria Inferno: Thousands of Greek Refugees move to new Lesbos camp.
- Asensio and Vinicius Jr battles for Bale’s no.11
- Bale reaches Real Madrid’s training for one last time
- Bale to be EPL’s top salary earner