These 10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers will interest you this morning.
Nigeria on Saturday night recorded 453 fresh COVID-19 cases. In Disaster Rumour
- North-East governors meet on security, economy, others
Governors of the six North-East states met on Saturday in Maiduguri, Borno State, to deliberate on how to tackle the Boko Haram insurgency in the region. In Economic Today
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Saturday described the death of former Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi as a major loss to the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Nigeria. In In The News
- NDDC IMC ‘confused’, Sen Nwaoboshi dismisses demand to refund N2.5bn
The Chairman of the Senate Committee on the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Peter Nwaoboshi, on Friday, dismissed the commission’s request for him to refund N2.5 billion. In Happening
- NRC generates N3bn from rail services in one year
The Nigerian Railway Corporation Friday said it generated revenue worth N3.09 billion from rail services last year, noting that N1.5 billion of that sum came from the Abuja-Kaduna rail service. In Business Updates
- IZE-IYAMU: Sack your governors, senators facing corruption charges, Presidency replies PDP
The presidency on Saturday night asked the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to sack its governors and senators facing corruption charges before criticising President Muhammadu Buhari’s endorsement of the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Edo State, Osagie Ize-Iyamu. In Politics Today
- Nigeria set to capture illicit gold sales to bolster reserves
Nigeria is looking to end illegal gold exports in the hope of capturing the millions of dollars lost each year through the process to shore up its international reserves, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday. In Economic Today
- Akwa Ibom discharges 26 COVID-19 patients
The Akwa Ibom State government on Saturday night confirmed the discharge of 26 COVID-19 patients from the state’s isolation facilities. In Disaster Rumour
- I have nothing to fear, so I won’t choose my successor —Umahi
Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, said on Saturday he would not choose his successor in 2023. In Politics Today
- UCL: Messi sees Barca through to Q’finals; Chelsea out after Bayern thrashing
Lionel Messi was in action as Barcelona defeated Napoli at Nou Camp to advance to the quarterfinals of the Champions League. In Sport Today
- Breaking: Thousands infected with ‘Brucellosis’ after China lab leaks.
- Douye Diri calls to amicably resolve dispute between Rivers and Bayelsa.
- Many Nigerians feud as FIRS enforces Bank self certification.
- Quote Of The Day
- COVID-19: Nigeria reports 131 cases
- UNILAG Crisis: Babalakin resign as Pro-Chancellor.
- Moria Inferno: Thousands of Greek Refugees move to new Lesbos camp.
- Asensio and Vinicius Jr battles for Bale’s no.11
- Bale reaches Real Madrid’s training for one last time
- Bale to be EPL’s top salary earner