Shocking: Pellegrini blasts Koeman

Advertisements

New Barcelona boss Ronald Koeman has been slammed by Manuel Pellegrini for the way he went about axing Luis Suarez.

The Uruguayan striker was told by Koeman that he does not feature in his plans earlier this week and will be moved on.

Pellegrini, who has managed at Real Madrid and Manchester City during his career, believes Koeman showed a lack of respect to Suarez by informing him over the phone.

‘Personally, it does not seem correct,’ the current Real Betis boss told ESPN.

‘One, as a coach, must have the conviction and the frontality to speak face to face with the player and tell him that he will not continue to play.

‘I have had to do it many times and it hurts, but doing it by phone seems to me a lack of respect towards the coaches and the players.’

Suarez, now 33, spoke out for the first time since being cast aside by Koeman, writing on Instagram: ‘There are people using my name and saying things about me, people that I’ve had nothing to do with in years.

‘I’ll speak for myself when that time comes about.’

The former Liverpool forward, who scored 21 times last campaign, has been linked with moves to MLS side Inter Miami and former club Ajax this summer.

He was one of four players to be informed by Koeman that their futures at the club are over as the new boss continues his cull following their humiliating 8-2 Champions League humiliation against Bayern Munich.

Advertisements

Suarez could be joined out of the door by Lionel Messi, who is pushing for a free move to Manchester City to reunite with former boss Pep Guardiola.

The duo were spotted leaving a restaurant together on Wednesday night for the first time since the Argentine handed in a transfer request via fax.

Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu is said to have offered to step down from his role in a bid to change Messi’s mind about leaving, but the six-time Ballon d’Or winner has reportedly ignored his calls for face-to-face talks.

City want to sign Messi but it remains unclear whether or not the Argentina star can leave for free or if Barcelona would need to first accept an offer.

Just Click

Inter announces permanent Alexis Sanchez stay


#NobleSports

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.