Marital Status: Married
Language: Egun, Yoruba
Community/District: Mowo, Badagry Lagos State, Nigeria.
Interviewer: Noble Reporters
As the troubles caused by the COVID-19 pandemic persist, NobleReporters correspondence, Olamide Noble and Adii Noble went for community interviews (opinion poll) whereby seek people’s opinions on COVID-19 and possible solutions.
Mummy, do you know what causes COVID-19?
- I don’t know what could have cause COVID-19.
So, ma you just know there is COVID-19?
- (Chuckles), we only heard that there is COVID-19, we don’t know what could have be its cause.
How do you see this Lockdown? What can you say of it?
- Sighs! It’s for our safety.
And you support it, do you think it is a good idea?
- Hah!.. what can we do, what can we say since it’s an order from above, all we pray for is God’s grace to overcome this pandemic.
Ok, Talking of Lockdown, was it a good move to have shut worship centres? (Churches and Mosques).
- No! I disagree, it wasn’t a nice move, since we all needed prayers so this disaster can vanish. Not going to worship centres is now turning us to pagans.
Ma, according to you, can you tell us if there is truly COVID-19 or not?
- I don’t know if there is coronavirus or not – I will not be infected, only God knows the truth.
Can we say COVID-19 is the reason for inadequate power supply in the community?
- I don’t know, maybe the PHCN are also affected by the pandemic.