The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) Nigeria Chapter, has hailed Federal Government’s initiative in handing over the National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Banker’s Committee.
The association described the development as commendable and a step in the right direction. The Acting President of the Association, Mr. Segun Adebayo, who stated this, said the initiative through the Ministry of Information and Culture, the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Banker’s Committee should also be extended to other national facilities like the National Museum and National Stadium, amongst others not being put into optimal use.
According to him, one of the challenges with the effective operation of the National Theatre was lack of professional management of the facility. He urged the driver of the project to begin with the end in mind, by engaging professional facility management practitioner as part of the team of consultants on the project.
“Infact, IFMA, Nigeria Chapter is not only willing, but equally ready to offer free professional services as our support towards the success of the project. This will guarantee the sustainability and positive impact on the economy through job creation and other associated value creation for artisan and technicians,” Adebayo said.
Earlier in the year, the association celebrated the World Facility Management Day, drawing attention to the significant contribution facility management makes to the global economy.
- COVID-19: Lagos churches reopen
- MP3 » Popcaan – Twist & Turn (ft. Drake x PartyNextDoor)
- [Album] » Popcaan – Fixtape
- MP3 » Cardi B – WAP (ft. Megan Thee Stallion)
- Could this be the start of Madrid’s misfortune?
- BBNaija’5: Moment Kiddwaya open Laycon’s true intentions to Erica.
- Messi snubs referee’s handshake after Napoli’s match
- Nollywood Actress, Peju Johnson clears air on being side chick, second wife
- BBNaija’5: Erica makes shocking confession on her intimacy with Kiddwaya
- Chelsea latest transfer Fables