Abubakar Shekau, leader of the dreaded Boko Haram terrorist sect, has condemned the death sentence handed down to a musician identified as Yahaya Sharif-Aminu over alleged blasphemy.
Noble Reporters Media reports that a Sharia Court in Kano State on Monday found Sharif-Aminu guilty of blasphemy for releasing a song insulting the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
But the death sentence has sparked reactions and condemnations by concerned Nigerians who faulted the ruling and called for the abolition of the Sharia Law.
However, in a fresh audiotape, Shekau berated the ruling noting that there is no difference between the accused and those who sentenced him to death.
He said: “There is no difference between the ‘blasphemer’ and those who sentenced him to death.”
- Ikorodu bois gets tech gadgets as gift from Netflix.
- Shocking: Neymar equals Messi’s dribble record
- Three R Kelly’s associate arrested, charged for intimidation.
- Just in: Arda Turan attacks Ernesto Valverde
- COVID-19: Greece reports highest single day cases.
- ‘Wonderful skills show’ ; Dembele is back!
- COVID-19: FEC approves test equipment | Video
- Tis one of Neymar’s best performance…. Labelled the best in the world?
- Zamfara: GCM charges soldier to serve 55 years in prison over murder
- ‘What I Said’ – Mailafia | Video